9 Essential Foods for Men’s Health
Most of the men aren’t conscious of their eating habits. They do not adhere to a fixed schedule of having their meals. Experts are of the view that eating healthy can imply different things for women and men as both the sexes have their own requirements of diet. Let’s guide you about 9 foods that are vital for men’s health:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes provide a range of health-benefits and are therefore also called as super-foods. They contain lycopene which reduces the risk of prostate cancer, lower cholesterol, heart disease and colorectal cancer. All these ailments are common in men.
- Whole grains: Whole grains are brimmed with rich levels of minerals, fiber and vitamins. Whole grains such as brown rice and oats have great amounts of Vitamin B which is beneficial for well-being. It also helps in reducing the problems of depression. Studies have also depicted that folate keeps sperms healthy and biotin helps in alleviating hair-loss.
- Oysters: Oysters contain rich amounts of zinc which is vital for the men’s sexual health and fertility. Zinc is known to maintain healthy levels of testosterone and is also beneficial for healthy production of sperms. It is also good for hair growth.
- Blueberries: Blueberries contain rich amounts of proanthocyanidins which are associated with diminished risks of prostate-cancer. They are also beneficial in reducing the risks of type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
- Salmon: Along with being a rich in proteins, salmon is also sufficient in Omega 3 fatty-acids which are associated with diminished levels of bad-cholesterol. They also lower down the risk of prostate cancer, depression, colorectal cancer and heart disease.
- Garlic: Garlic plays a great role in maintaining a healthy heart. It is also said that men who regularly consume garlic have lower levels of cholesterol.
- Eggs: Eggs are a perfect remedy for hair loss. Make eggs a part of your diet as they are rich in protein and are best for hair growth. Yolk of the egg is also a rich source of iron.
- Pomegranate juice: The juice of pomegranate is an ultimate choice for lowering the levels of cholesterol and preventing hypertension. This owes to the fact that the fruit is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Studies have also shown that the daily intake of pomegranate juice speeds down the development of prostate cancer.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is known to contain a chemical sulphoraphane which is a strong cancer fighting agent. The chemical helps in reducing the risk of developing colorectal cancer, prostate cancer and bladder cancer.