Health Benefits of an Ayurveda Diet
Ayurveda, also known as the ‘science of eight components’ is a cultural Indian legacy. Ayurveda is actually a customary system of medicine which is being followed in India since the ancient times. Ayurveda was adopted in India as a method of treating wounds, diseases and other different ailments. People from all over the globe have taken up ayurveda as a method of healing.
Ayurvedic Diet has been an important part of ayurveda. The nucleus of Ayurveda consists of elements which help in attaining a perfect balance between the mind and body. It is very easy to follow an Ayurvedic diet as there are no strict rules involved. This diet does not push a person towards just quitting his regular eating habits; inculcating the ‘six tastes’ in order to find the right balance among all ‘Doshas’ is what such a diet aims at.
Some health benefits of an Ayurveda Diet are listed here:
Longevity: Following an Ayurvedic diet helps in maintaining a balance between the ‘tridoshas’. Finding a balance is about making your body and mind work in harmony with each other. This diet helps in replacing the old and worn out cells with the new ones. It increases the life span of a person. To give life a healthier turn, an Ayurvedic diet is considered to be the best.
Restores Health and Cures all the Diseases: The essence of Ayurveda is to cure and heal all the ailments by modifying one’s diet to some extent. Combining an Ayurvedic diet with the right kind of supplements is said to cure all diseases and ailments.
Helps in Maintaining a Healthy Weight: This special diet helps in losing and maintaining a healthy body weight. Most weight-loss plans that are available in the market may cause health problems. Following a healthy diet according to one’s ‘vikriti’ is what ayurveda stands up for. This means that if a person is really skinny and wants to gain some healthy weight, ayurveda provides a way to do it.
Improves Metabolism: In order to improve the metabolic functions of the body, it is important for a person to follow a healthy ayurvedic diet. With such a diet, body functions such as excretion, circulation, respiration, digestion improve greatly. Even at the cellular level, Ayurvedic diet turns out to be really helpful in improving the rate at which different cell processes occur.
Trims down Ama: In Ayurveda, ‘ama’ refers to increased levels of toxins in the body. The word ‘ama’ comes from ‘agni’ i.e. fire. With increased ‘agni’ in the body, digestion processes and the bowel movements of the body are affected greatly. This gives rise to increased ‘ama’ in the body.
Suits everyone’s needs: The Ayurvedic diet is made up of six basic tastes and six food types; bitter, sour, sweet, pungent, salty and astringent are the tastes whereas oily, heavy, light, hot, cold and dry are the six qualities.
Some of these qualities boost up the levels of vata, pita and kapha in the body. These are the three ‘doshas’. Every ayurvedic diet plan works according to its nature of function or ‘prakriti’.
Christmas Booty 2013 - ARE YOU IN?
- Start today and do as many as you can, even if you can’t hit the entire set!
Best ‘Detox-Diet’ Spices
Diwali just hurtled away, which explains all about our overindulgence in sweets and everything else unhealthy. With Christmas knocking on our doors, it is that time of the year when we need to cleanse our systems of all the unhealthy food that we’ve consumed during Diwali. Detoxification is necessary to keep our body fit and which is why we need to know that Decoding the health benefits of a Detox Diet is a must. A Detox Diet helps in flushing out all the toxins from our body.
A number of foods aim at detoxification of our body. Spices are an important part of this list of Detoxifying foods. Inculcating some spices in our diet can help us cleanse our body and keep it disease-free.
Ten Spices for Detoxing the Body are Listed here:
- Cardamom: Cardamom is famous for its strong aroma. It comes jam-packed with numerous health benefits. It helps in curing health problems like nausea, poor digestion and diuretic.
- Asafoetida: Asafoetida or heeng is an important Indian spice which helps in improving digestion. It has a pungent flavor and a strong taste. It helps in flushing out excessive toxins, fats and wastes from the body.
- Ginger: Ginger can be easily found in every Indian kitchen. It is rich in minerals and is full of various anti-oxidants. Ginger helps in detoxification of the body. It is beneficial in reducing the levels of toxicity caused by consuming alcohol in the body.
- Saffron: Saffron can be compared to as a ‘stockroom of health’. It has various health benefits. Loaded with anti-oxidants, Saffron is an effective aphrodisiac. It has anti-ageing properties and also used as a natural anti-depressant. Being copious in minerals and vitamins, saffron is a useful detoxifying agent.*-
- Garlic: Garlic is rich in sulfur. It is helps in detoxifying the body by excreting out toxic wastes from the body.
- Rosemary: Rosemary and its extract are considered to be great for the stomach and liver. They help in protecting the body against the ill-effects of toxins and carcinogens.
- Coriander: Coriander, also known as Cilantro or Chinese Parsley is a powerful detoxifying spice. Eating too much fish and increase the levels of mercury in your body causing digestive troubles and fatigue. This is where coriander comes into play. It is a potent spice which helps in removing excessive mercury from the body.
- Cayenne: Cayenne, a popular spice has various detoxifying properties which is why it is an important ingredient of the Master Cleanse diet. Using this spice as a seasoning can help in improving the bowel movements and aid digestion.
- Cumin: Cumin is a popular spice used as a seasoning in gravies and curries mostly. It helps in lowering the acidity levels in the body and improves immunity. Cumin is also helpful in eliminating the risk of growth of cancerous cells in the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and is widely used for baking as well as for preparing different delicacies. Cinnamon helps in flushing out toxins from the body. It boosts the immunity of the body and also reduces inflammation.
Essential Pre-Bridal Diet Tips
Looking gorgeous for her wedding is that one dream which every girl holds very close to her heart. It is the most special event of a girl’s life and therefore making every possible step to look beautiful is the right thing to do. Everything from the wedding outfit to the make-up stylist has to be perfect. Before looking beautiful, a bride first has to feel beautiful and for that a proper diet plays an important role.
What a bride should eat and what she should not is crucial. It’s necessary for a bride to understand that to look stunning, she first needs to be healthy. Paying attention to the diet can make a great impact on a bride’s look. A nutritious diet is the key to look immaculate on your wedding day.
Some beauty foods and Pre Bridal Glow Diet tips are listed here:
- Kick-start your day with Health: Start your day with a healthy dose with a glass of lukewarm water mixed with lemon juice and some honey. After having this healthful potion, you should have a glass of fresh beetroot or carrot juice. This will give your skin a healthy hue.
- Replace Coffee with Green Tea: Coffee may prove to be a roadblock in making you look stunning for your D-day. Caffeine may not be good for the skin. However, Green tea is a great substitute. Stop indulging in numerous cups of coffee and go for a rejuvenating cup of green tea. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants which are good for the skin and health.
- Improve your Immune System: Make sure you stay disease free. Strengthen the immunity of your body in order to remain healthy. Consume honey as it has anti-fungal, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties. Milk also helps in improving the immunity of the body. It is full of minerals and vitamins. You can add some honey to a glass full of milk and make it healthier.
- Eat Tomatoes for a Glowing Skin: Tomatoes are plentiful in Vitamin E and are a good source of dietary fibers and proteins. Tomato contains ‘lycopene’ which has great antioxidant properties.
- Have a Healthy Skin with Coconut Water: Coconut water is really good for skin as it removes pigmentation and keeps the skin hydrates. For acne and weight-loss, coconut water is helpful. Coconut water improves digestion which helps in keeping the skin healthy and glowing.
- Oranges for a Glowing Skin: Oranges help in improving digestion. They improve the circulation of blood in the body and flush out all the toxins from the blood. Oranges are copious in Vitamin C and ‘phytonutrients’ which are good for the skin.
Beauty Foods: Some good beauty foods that you must include in your diet are given below. These foods are good for the skin and help in giving you a beautiful look.
- Bananas: Bananas helps to prevent bloating. It is rich in iron and is good for the skin.
- Garlic: Garlic has antibiotic properties and help in purifying blood. It also helps in treating acne.
- Oysters: Oysters are popularly known as an Aphrodisiac. It is also good for the skin and will help in gratifying your beauty. Oysters are rich in Vitamin B12 and Iron.
- Avocados: Avocados contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are really good for the skin. They increase the production of collagen in the skin and help in improving the elasticity of the skin in turn causing wrinkles to take the backseat.
- Spinach: Spinach is loaded with Vitamins K and C. It also contains a powerful antioxidant called Lutein, which helps in improving the texture of the skin and is also good for the yes. Spinach helps in preventing wrinkles.